Carnival of Homeschooling



The Carnival of Homeschooling is up over at the blog Raising Real Men.

Grab a cup of tea and head on over!

And by the way, in case you don't notice, Hal and Melanie Young who are hosting this round of the Carnival have written a book called "Raising Real Men: Surviving, Teaching, and Appreciating Boys" endorsed by the likes of Michael Smith of HSLDA, Douglas Wilson - author of Future Men, and more. Let us know if you grab a copy, we want to hear your thoughts on it.

Comments

  1. I have their book and it is excellent! They talk about specific ways they train their boys to be men of character. For example, I want my boys (3 and 5) to be chivalrous but didn't really know how to go about that. They teach their sons that mom should never carry a grocery bag until all the boys hands are full. Now my boys know that when we get home they come to the back of the car to help carry bags in the house (I often have to half way empty one out to be light enough for my little guy). It is a very real life application to raising real men, just like they say. It's also kinda cool that Hal's mom was my primary school librarian and I use to get his little sister's hand me down clothes. Small world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment