Our growing collection



This is our growing collection of all things made by yarn, hook and needle. The amigurumi are made by me. Totoro and chibi totoro from a couple years ago - we love the movie and visited the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, my mother's home town, a few years ago. Did you know I'm half Japanese? The fat striped mushy monsters with babies are my latest project. I was planning on making four (one for each of course!) by Christmas, oh well. It involved learning the magic loop which threw me for a loop until I got the hang of it. I'm still not sure whether I prefer it or not - it's just that the circular needle wire still seems to curl and get in the way.

The big pink throw behind is what my 11yo daughter is working on. Just one long chain, and then single crochet (chain one at the end of each row), back and forth until it's the size she wants. The thick yarn and big hook makes it go much faster than if she were to have used a thinner yarn with smaller hook. We picked a yarn that was uber-soft and she was so happy when it was big enough to lay on her lap and keep her warm while she crochets and I read - Oliver Twist now. What a contrast to the cold dreary circumstances painted by Dickens.

The mutlicolored knit in the front left is the same daughter's knitting clothes for her doll. The blue and brown one is a scarf my 9yo son is making for his 21 mo. old little brother. 

Between ravelry and pinterest, I wonder if we'll ever stop oohing and aahing over the next cutest thing we can make! My daughter wants to crochet a rag doll now so we shall see what she decides on.

Comments

  1. oh Naomi....I must come and have you teach me once and for all. I keep seeing all these cute ideas and I am going to have to get started or I will never have enough time to finish them all. So cute and the kids are doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment